Wymondham High Academy 6th Form
Wymondham Sixth Form is an aspirational sixth form and our ethos is firmly grounded in working hard and achieving academic excellence whilst being treated as an individual and being part of a strong community. The time spent at sixth form is brief so there is a firm focus on preparing students to be successful, multi-skilled and employable individuals.
As an ambitious and academic institution, we offer a wide range of A-level courses which enable our students to successfully access places at the top universities in the country. Students at Wymondham Sixth Form aim high and we engender a culture of hard work and aspiration; however we never forget the need for positivity and encouragement, strong relationships for learning and fun.
Want to know more?
Please click on the logo below to see the Wymondham High Academy 6th Form Website
Ofsted rating and latest report
We are very proud of our latest Ofsted Inspection which graded our Sixth Form as ‘Outstanding’
The inspectors said:
- Students’ overall progress has been significantly above average for the last three years.
- Teaching in the Sixth Form is outstanding.
- Teachers’ extensive subject knowledge, high-level questioning skills and strong individual support for students have a significant impact on their progress.
- Study programmes are highly individualised.
- Students feel very well supported to move to either education, employment or training. A student commented, ‘Staff want us to be rounded candidates and individuals.’
- Students are very positive about the high level of support and care that they receive from the Sixth Form team.
Our aim is to take students on a journey to add value from their starting point on entry and ensure that they not only leave the Sixth Form equipped with an excellent academic profile but are also well-rounded, resilient and confident young people who have had a wide range of experiences beyond the curriculum.